Wednesday, September 16, 2020

 Day 4 is over.  420 miles of smokey haze.  It really reduced the long range WOW effect.  KQ saw a lot of deer this morning well off the road.  1 Bull elk was seen by both of us.  KQ saw it first.  Love the helmet to helmet communications.  

My trip up to today has been done mostly with out my heated jacket.  It was hit and miss on day 2 and totally gone yesterday.  With lots of try this and that.  Both of us have the same set up. I had voltage at the battery power connector, at least my meter said so.  Ended up making sure all the connection at the battery were tight.  I had heat today.  Got as low as 37°.  Hope the rest goes like today.

I had fallen a little behind Kevin and decided to catch up so we could pass a couple of campers ahead before we got back into some fun roads.  I was rolling on towards that 3 digit number when a black pickup from nowhere blew past me and then Kevin.  That was a hello moment.  Had not seen a vehicle for many miles as we were out in the middle of nowhere on MT 43 west of Wisdom.

Hazy day

The Big Hole River

Anaconda Smokestack

Yep a Mountain

The sun

Again

1 Comments:

At September 16, 2020 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Jim said...

You're headed right into the California fires so the smoke will probably be with you for quite awhile. Glad the trip is going well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home